The International College Eirís, always at the forefront of incorporating new technologies as a fundamental tool in the educational process (and in 2000 astronaut Aldrin spoke to our students from the University La Coruna in Spain SEK via videoconference ), has renewed its equipment incorporating 52 laptops for student use.
Currently our students and Primary have the iPad as an educational tool in the classroom.
Moreover, our structure has digital elements such as:
-Connecting to the Internet 24 hours a day, through a high capacity DSL line.
-An intranet that connects all the computers in the school together.
-Virtual Classroom, equipped with 14 apple iMac, laser printer, 3D Printer, interactive whiteboard and a multimedia projector.
- Digital Library equipped with 26 laptops, laser printer, an interactive whiteboard and a multimedia projector, where the teacher can project their explanations to facilitate the monitoring of them by students.
-A total of 36 interactive whiteboard with projector distributed all school classrooms.
-Abundant materials and computer technology.
- Wireless (WiFi) that allows the widespread use of laptops in the classroom as much out of them.
- Exam marks: Through the website the students, or their parents may view their academic record. This site has all kinds of information related to the school and a forum where students and teachers can exchange documents and papers of all subjects.
- Filter Content: Access to computing resources is controlled by usernames and passwords for every student, as well as Internet access that is done through a content filter to ensure that only you access to educational resources.
- Software: There is also access to a wide variety of software subjects, always advised by teachers or specialists in the field.
- Email: Those students and teachers can request to have an email account with which to communicate with students from other schools in our institution. There are also chat and video conferencing services that allow the establishment of forums for discussion and learning about different cultural and educational issues.
- Blogs: Also available is a blog section that allows users to publish one or more articles on a given topic. These items are organized into categories that users can manage.
Currently also at school utliza Moodle platform. Moodle is a virtual interactive training tailored to and used to complement and support the teaching work in schools worldwide.
Moodle allows for a wide range of information resources (textual or tabular format, photographs or diagrams, audio or video, websites or Acrobat documents, among many others) as well as student activities, such as jobs submitted through the web, exams , surveys, forums and more.